"Antony and Cleopatra" Dramaturgical Slideshow


Leading up to and during rehearsals for Antony and Cleopatra, I had a tremendous opportunity to dust off my undergraduate minor in Classical Studies and put it to good use. Initially, I was asked to research Roman and Egyptian military images by Jennifer Martin, the production's movement coach. On the way, this investigation led my natural curiosity to representations of Cleopatra throughout history. 

I don't know this for a fact, but after doing so much extensive research, it seems to me that--aside from the Virgin Mary--Cleopatra might be the most-represented woman in all of Western art! She really permeates all media, and remains extremely popular even today. You can view the results of my research in the slideshow below (there are over 500 images).

Antony and Cleopatra Slideshow