Introductory Handout for Film Series Screening of "Looking For Richard" at All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church, 8 June 2010


Sidonie Garrett, Producing Artistic Director of the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival, requested that I give an introduction to Al Pacino's documentary Looking for Richard, as part of a weekly film series at All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church. I put together a brief, 10-minute slideshow and a handout for the 45 people who attended the screening.

Since the audience for the film was comprised of both film buffs and fans of the Shakespeare festival, I thought that a handout providing a thumbnail history of Richard III on the silver screen would be appropriate. Although I had seen many of the films included on the list, once I did further research I was surprised at how many "Richard Crookbacks" there actually are on film!


This is the back page of the handout that I gave the people who attended. Click on the image below for a larger version.